- Institutions in the U.S. classified as 501(c)(3) organizations by the IRS with annual operating budgets under US$1,000,000.
- Institutions outside the U.S. created and organized exclusively for charitable and/or educational purposes with annual operating budgets under US$1,000,000.
- Individuals active in organizing independent projects in visual art and culture.
What are grants to institutions awarded for?
- Projects, research and, under special circumstances, infrastructure and basic operating expenses.
Can I submit an institutional inquiry for
– building projects?
– capital campaigns?
– annual fund drives?
- No. Inquiries for these purposes will not be considered. Grants to institutions are for projects, research, infrastructure or operating expenses.
How much are grants to institutions?
- Grant amounts depend on the budget for the project, research, program or activity described in the inquiry. Grants are usually for part of those budgets, not the entire amount.
What are grants to individuals awarded for?
- Independent research in the visual arts and related travel that are completely separate from any academic, institutional or professional obligations.
How much are grants to individuals?
- Grants to individuals are set in the amount of US$7,500.
Can I submit an individual inquiry for a grant to participate in
– residency programs?
- No. Inquiries for these kinds of programs will not be considered. Grants to individuals are for independent research and related travel that are not connected to any academic, institutional or professional engagements.
Can I submit an individual inquiry to
– produce a work of art?
– participate in an exhibition?
– buy major equipment for the production of a work of art?
- No. Inquiries to produce or exhibit your own work of art will not be considered. Grants to individuals are only for independent research and related travel.
Can I give all or part of my individual grant to someone else?
- No. Individuals cannot transfer any part of their grant to someone else.
Does FfAI support the performing arts?
- No. Inquiries for the performing arts will not be considered. FfAI supports projects, research and organizations based in the visual arts.
When will FfAI respond to my inquiry?
- FfAI is unable to respond directly to every inquiry. If you don’t hear anything within four months, it means your inquiry has not been selected.